• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MrNatural Bios Confusion - Please Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

A number of weeks ago I flashed to MrNaturals excellent 39C bios. I am now seeing references to the 40B and the 7D bios in addition to the 39C.

What are the differences between these three versions?

I have not found anything that explains this so any help would be appreciated.

If MrNatural reads this I would like to state that I think it is very unusual for someone to simply make available for no charge such excellent software. Your considerable efforts are unquestionably appreciated and certainly not taken for granted.

I don't know anything about the 40B BIOS but I had the 39C BIOS which had some minor tweaks (spread spectrum, more dividers) and just seemed to be more stable than the official Abit 38 (I think its 38, been a while since I used it, :) ).

If you have an Abit TH7II or Abit TH7II-Raid then I suggest using the newest BIOS modded by MrNatural, 7D. The 7D BIOS completely fixes the cold boot problem and contains many, if not all, of the tweaks in the 39C BIOS.

Otherwise, if you have a BD7, then I have no clue :)

39C gives voltages upto 1.85V without VID pin mod - but some people are reporting occasional cold boot (code 26) problems.

7D gives voltages upto 1.7v and doesn't seem to suffer the coldboot problem.

Then there is 40B which combines the best of both worlds - the bios I am currently running - The only "problem" I have is very occasional over-voltage alarms on cold-boot which goes when the reset button is pressed - machine then boots and runs fine.

P4 1.8A at 2.664 @ 1.85V

Hope that helps.

This info is posted in the Mr Natural's updated bios thread them one with hundreds of replies

Back