• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone can help me set my ram settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Enemy Down!

looks like ram is prohibiting me from going into the 150 fsb range or better.

cooling is not a problem as i run 38c at load. i have the new swiftech installed and works great.

name brand i have right now is CENTON pc2100 ddr

i have 2 sticks of 256 each.

here are the settings my soyo dragon plus mobo gives me;

DRAM DQS LENGTH = DEFAULT / E0 TO E9 / EA TO EF

DRAM CLOCK = BY SPD / 100 MHZ / 133 MHZ

DRAM TIMING = BY SPB / MANUAL

DRAM CAS LATENCY = 2.5 / 2.0

BANK INTERLEAVE = DISABLE / 2BANK / 4BANK

PRECHARGE TO ACTIVATE (Trp) = 2T / 3T

ACTIVATE TO PRECHARGE (Tras) = 5T / 6T

ACTIVATE TO CMD (Trcd) = 2T /3T

DRAM QUEUE DEPTH = 2 LEVEL / 4 LEVEL / 3 LEVEL

WRITE RECOVERY TIME = 1T / 2T

DRAM COMMAND RATE = 2T COMMAND / 1T COMMAND

athlon 1800+ locked

Last edited:
DRAM CLOCK = DEFAULT

DRAM CLOCK =DEFAULT

DRAM CAS LATENCY = 2.5

BANK INTERLEAVE = 2BANK

PRECHARGE TO ACTIVATE (Trp) = 3T

ACTIVATE TO PRECHARGE (Tras) = 6T

ACTIVATE TO CMD (Trcd) =3T

DRAM QUEUE DEPTH = 3 LEVEL

WRITE RECOVERY TIME = 2T

DRAM COMMAND RATE = 2T COMMAND

If you still can't get past 150 try removing one stick of memory and if you still can't your cpu might not be able to run at the speed you are tying to run it at.

The only way to know for sure would be to unlock it.

OK it worked, system stable, BUT...

the overall performance was reduced :(

my highest score on 3dmark2001se was 8839 with 144 fsb +0.25 vcore and stock ram settings.

my score with your ram settings on 150 fsb are only 8660, ****...

which setting do you think reduces the ram so much? i will toy around with the settings and see.

wait a minute, this stupid bios is acting wierd, i went into the settings and they were disabled, like a safegaurd of some sort.

i upgraded to the new bios so it can detect the xp2100+ chip on my dragon plus mobo.

dont know, if anyone knows, shed some light..

Probably the trcd set to 2 rather than 3 but you will just have to spend some time testing different settings and stability.

Lower numbers=faster memory timings but less stability with the exception of bank interleave 4 would be faster.

Setting the cmd rate to 1T is most likley the setting that would cause instability first.

Last edited:
What motherboard do you have? I think ram timings might not be really the problem. The ram may be crapping out because it isn't getting enough voltage. Try 2.75v.. Burn in and then get more airflow.

my mobo is a soyo dragob plus

airflow is not the problem, case temp is 28c right now (running all day)

cpu under load is 38c thanks to the swiftech.

i dont think my mobo has a voltage change option for my ram, i know it has it for the cpu and i already set it at the maximum which is +1.00 for a total of 1.85 vcore.

hold on a sec, 3dmark is almost done and system did not crash, holy **** i might have gotten my ram settings right this time.....and the final score is (please break the 9,000 mark you *****!)........8994 AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

oh well, at least i am getting somewhere. current fsb is at 150 i will see how high i can go with these settings!

thanks for the help guys, will keep you posted.

obtw, if anyone is familiar with the dragon plus mobo, is there a way to increase the vcore for the RAM and not only the cpu? or does that setting increase the volts to both?

in case some of you might want to know what ram settings so far have been stable at 150 fsb here they are;

DRAM DQS LENGTH = DEFAULT

DRAM CLOCK = BY SPD

DRAM TIMING = MANUAL

DRAM CAS LATENCY = 2.0

BANK INTERLEAVE = 4BANK

PRECHARGE TO ACTIVATE (Trp) = 2T

ACTIVATE TO PRECHARGE (Tras) = 5T

ACTIVATE TO CMD (Trcd) = 2T

DRAM QUEUE DEPTH = 3 LEVEL

WRITE RECOVERY TIME = 2T

DRAM COMMAND RATE = 2T COMMAND

soyo dragon plus mobo with bios upgrade

ok i hit my max without unlocking the cpu.

151 fsb with +1.00 vcore with current ram settings (above post)

3dmark2001se finished and the score is 9017!

i feel good and i know i have accomplished a lot without unlocking the cpu.

time to creat my signature.

athlon 1800+ locked @1.736 (151 fsb x 11.5)
swiftech mcx462 34c idle, 37c load
2 sticks 512 pc2100 centon ram
thermalight ram coolers, one with fan
soyo dragon plus mobo
antec full tower 350w psu
4 case fans
28c case temp
visiontek geforce3 ti 500
3dmark2001se score = 9017

Good for locked chip

Thats pretty good for a locked chip. Are u going to unlock it and see what you can get.

i am really tempted to try, i read how and seen pictures on how to overclock and it dont seem that hard.

wonder what i can get with the overclocking?

but before that i might just return the ram and get some better brand names so i wont have so much dificulty with ram anymore. looks like the only thing that is holding me back is the ram.

here is my setup, notice the swiftech, i recomend this heatsink, mainly for the size of it. it's 730 grams!

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=695826&t=5396#post695826

Where can I get 3dmark2001se

I want to check my scores but don't know where to get any of the programs. IF you could tell me where or direct me to a thread that tells I would greatly appreciate it.

Back