• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS warning for 1GHz Celeron on P3B-F

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Straka

Hi!
I would ask about bios warning that is showing on start up.

<BIOS>: Bios data update incorrect CPUID=0000068A

It started when I upgrade my procesor from Celeron 466 to Celeron 1GHz (both 128kB cache). I have BIOS upgrade 1006 (the last release). But it didnt make me any problems, all is running well.

And one question yet: how is upper temperatures limit for Celerons? I have 1GHz Celeron and it runs for circa 50°C and when I overclocked it on 1,1GHz it runs for 56°C. Is it little, much, average?
I have standard fan from boxed celeron set, but in really bad configuration because the warm air goes from its to chipset on one site and on the another one is blocked with power supply. So I think there is thermal pocket.

Thanx!!

Last edited:
The bios message is because the bios does not have the newer CPU microcode in it for the Celeron you are using. I am running a 1.2 Celeron on a BX6 Rev2 MB. I get the same message, due to that MB not supporting the newer Cel's, and the high multiplier.
As long as it is running fine, then I wouldnt worry about it.

And yes, your temps are very high for an Intel chip. I would get a better HS/Fan for your CPU. The "factory" sinks are at the best, barely adequate. Maybe adding an 80mm fan in your case somewhere that blows across the stock cooler would help. You should have at bare minimum an intake and an exhaust fan in your case, to get cooler outside air circulating through the case.

Back