• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Re-boots

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wendellmcb

I've just got my rig up and going but have hit a snag.My system slows to a crawl and mouse jumps around till I am forced to re-boot.Everything boots back normally and system runs fine. this happens every day late in the afternoon.Its a p-4
1.8 system overclocked to 2.2 by way of bios.I've
got 5 case fans on it with a 350watt supply.Can't
get to 133 on the switches even after v-pin mod
to 1.8volts!This is an asus p4-t mb using 2 kingston 256 rdrams.Asus software reports close to 60c but I Know its wrong. sandra reports 39c.I Don't think its the cpu or motherboard. could the memory be getting too hot? Or do I need to replace the kingston and go with another brand? Thanks. :(

welcome to the forums!!!:D

the lock up may cause by overheated components, your cpu, ram, gpu, or even hard dr....try to check your temps using other methods, such as DigiDoc or something:D

Your cooling doesn't seem to be so effective. Asus may report 10 celius higher but I'm not sure. I'm positive it's cooling. At high temps P4 throttle down their clock speed, so your system is very slow.

If possible lap your heatsink or get a better one (Assuming your still on the P4 Retail Heatsink), use AS2 or 3, and make the install good.

I agree, it sounds like your processor temp. When your memory fails you almost always crash - you don't slow down. Pick up some thermal paste and redo your heatsink.

Yodums said:
Your cooling doesn't seem to be so effective. Asus may report 10 celius higher but I'm not sure. I'm positive it's cooling. At high temps P4 throttle down their clock speed, so your system is very slow.

If possible lap your heatsink or get a better one (Assuming your still on the P4 Retail Heatsink), use AS2 or 3, and make the install good.
Do they relly slow down?? I've heard of it, but didn't think it was true

elysium

Try this!!!

Yeal i am new to this but it does sound like a Heat problem.

Your Bio says you live in Texas, and you said that you compter crashes in the mid after noon That is when the heat is the most in Tx i used to live their. So try putting you Computer by the AC vent if you have one or take a big room fan and aim it on the Computer it might guist help. Try thermal Grees and if you are using a Stock heatsink and fan get one of thoes Volcano heat sinks.
Good luck fellow Texan.

Back