• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Absymally low mem scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sangram

Hi

I'm getting very low mem scores on a DFI AM 75-TC with a single stick of Hynix 256 Meg PC133. This board is based on the KM133.

I've forced CAS to 2T, The RAS/Precharge times to the lowest I could manage (5T I think for one and 1T for the other), and enabled four-way interleaving using WPCRSET.

I am now faced with two problems: The system is locking up on cold starts, a boot into safe mode followed by a restart is getting the system going. I'm using Onboard video, for now.

The second problem is my scores are about 502/498, before all these tweaks they were 451/446. The exact same model of board gives me 600+ scores, using the onboard video, the only difference I've seen is two sticks of Generic PC133, as opposed to a single stick of generic.

I think the problems are related somehow to the memory stick itself, but I'm not 100% sure that there could be such a large difference. I'll need to probably back off the timings a bit, but I'll lose even more performance I think.

Any suggestions?

Sang

Back