• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung DDR400 is OUT!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malakai

yep, you will want to be looking for TCB4 ( i dont know what it means except its a step up from the awesome DDR333 they already have out now)

Samsung today announced that it is first to volume ship DDR400 modules in 128MB, 256MB and 512MB densities. As the newest addition to Samsung's DDR SDRAM portfolio, the 400Mbps (200MHz) DDR devices are ideal for use as PC system main memory, offering three times the performance of Single-Data-Rate PC 133 SDRAM and 50 percent more bandwidth than mainstream DDR266. The volume availability now of these high-speed memory modules further strengthens Samsung's position as the leading producer of DDR SDRAM memory devices. Samsung is ramping up to meet the growing market demand for this high-performance memory technology.

got this from vr-zone.

Im glad i waited on the 333 from Samsung, I WILL OWN THIS RAM!

-Malakai

DDR400

Doh!!! <curses in the low speech>

Another reason for me to curse the name of OCZ. If my memory had died this week instead of last week, I'd be getting PC3200 instead of PC2700. But I guess the 2700 will still more than exceed my expectations <crosses fingers>. After all, I have to make good on my promise, Malakai, and pass you in the ranks of Team 32 before August!

heh, good luck Gunslinger, i will prove to be a formidable opponent.

as it is so far, Phlubb's *****-@ss it producing more than me, i hope 200 more mhz o/c can get me past him......

-Malakai

Would be best to wait until some reputable resellers get it, with the way the 2700 overclocks some less reliable people might try to pawn off the 2700 as 3200.

Even Mushkin and corsair are selling the 2700 as 3200 now.

Now if only AMD can produce 400FSB processors...:)

And, don't understand why Mircon Technology is so slow. They don't even have 512MB PC2700 yet.

Maybe I'll be able to hit a 230 FSB with that RAM on my 8K3A+ :)
My KingMax went up to 215.
mmmmm,,,460 MHz DDR,,,,,,,,,

How much is that stuff?

the only review ive seen was of an engineering sample, and it didnt do as well as samsung DDR333...

dont get any till a review of the retail ram comes out.

-Malakai

Back