• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking w/ 2 sticks rather than one.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

Have people had better results using 2x256 ddr 333 or 1x512. i am asking this cause i have 2 256 and am not getting good results at all

My personal experiance is that 1 larger stick is better than 2 smaller ones, but there's no shortage of people who have had problems with single sticks and gotten fantastic results out of 2 smaller ones.

If the system the DDR333 is for is the one in your sig, lets see if some people come in with the same mobo who have had good experiances one way or the other.

Emericana said:
Have people had better results using 2x256 ddr 333 or 1x512. i am asking this cause i have 2 256 and am not getting good results at all

Try overclocking with each stick individually. If you have more than one stick in your system and it is the memory that is holding you back, then you're only going to be able to overclock to the point where your worst stick fails.

Back