• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S533 work with PC3000, PC3200 or not?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jabroni1m

Has anyone used the P4S533 board with PC3000 or 3200 and it work good. If so, let me know what brand and the exact kind so I can get it and know that it will work. Thank you.

Im using Corsair xms3000 with my P4S533. Runs awesome!
I've been to 408mhz with fastest settings 2.7 volts, and could have kept going. I could probably hit 420 with 2.9 volts.

Samsung-made PC2700 memory would also be a good bet, is the Corsair runs too much $$ for your tastes. Every review I have seen, and people who have bought it, can run it very high, probably at least 200MHz DDR w/ 2.7 volts. I believe the Corsair 3000 uses the same chips, just that they hand test every module to 'guarantee' it. So, it is up to you if the guarantee is worth it.

I have my 2 x 256 mb 3200ddr mushkin sticks running at 210 at 2.5v right now just fine..Hell I am sure i would get a nother 10 mhz easy at a HIGHER VOLT.
[P42533 ] just in today.

Randy

MadMan007 said:
Samsung-made PC2700 memory would also be a good bet, is the Corsair runs too much $$ for your tastes. Every review I have seen, and people who have bought it, can run it very high, probably at least 200MHz DDR w/ 2.7 volts. I believe the Corsair 3000 uses the same chips, just that they hand test every module to 'guarantee' it. So, it is up to you if the guarantee is worth it.

The Samsung ORIGINAL stuff is easily the best stuff on the market, I'm running 2 x 256Mb PC2700 CAS2.5 sticks without memsinks or anything @ DDR400 Speeds ( 2 x 200Mhz) at CAS2 , mem timings of 6,3,3 @ default 2.5V :D

Getting sandra scores of around 2900Mb/s :)

Ok I've researched and going with samsung

I am going to go with the samsung now. It is cheaper and seems to be used by alot of people around here. Can anyone help me on how to burn it in. I need a step by step guide so if anyone knows a thread where I can find this info, please give me a link to it.

Re: Ok I've researched and going with samsung

jabroni1m said:
I am going to go with the samsung now. It is cheaper and seems to be used by alot of people around here. Can anyone help me on how to burn it in. I need a step by step guide so if anyone knows a thread where I can find this info, please give me a link to it.

Shouldn't need burning in, I know 4ppl who use it (including myself), and we all had it @ 400Mhz staight out of the box :)

To test it's stability, I ran UD cancer agent continualy while running a 1000 loop of sandra mem benchmark over night, solid as a rock :)

Back