• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vmem !???!?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't bother with this mod. Did it myself and got nothing out of it and I have not seen any one claim that it got them any higher with the rdram, in fact I have seen better results going the other way turning the vram down a bit, but not enough I think to warent that mod ether.

Even though it's for a different motherboard, you can learn a lot about the vmem mod by reading this thread:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49058&highlight=vmem+vcore+kr7a+mod

But I'll paraphrase from one of Doctor's posts and attach an image originally posted in that thread by Ralphing.

VR = Variable Resistor=Potentiometer=Pot. They all mean the same thing. They usually have three terminals. You connect either of the side terminals to the number 3 pin of the HIP6521 chip by either soldering the wire to the pin or using a Pomona Grabber. (See attached image below to find the number 3 pin.) And you attach the wire from the center terminal (the ground) to one of the screws that secures your motherboard to your case/motherboard tray.

You're done. You adjust the pot until you get to voltage level you want.

If you're not comfortable soldering something that small and don't know where to get a Pomona Grabber, you can try emailing Larry Quinn, a member of these forums, at [email protected]. He sells pre-assembled pots with a Pomona Grabber on one wire and a screw terminal on the other wire for attaching to the ground screw. He automatically sets them at max resistance so you don't fry your chip. You just turn the adjustment until the resistance is lowered enough to change your voltage to what you want. He sells them for $10 US each. I bought two so that I can do both the vmem and the vcore mods. If you still live in Germany, I don't know if he ships overseas.

I hope this helps.

Good luck,
Eggroll :)

Last edited:
Back