• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Ratio / Failing ?!? / General overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberFed

Ok heres the deal, im new at using dip switches to overclock, i had my system fine at 133fsb w/softbios on my mobo, it runs fine and 100%stable at 2140, but i wanted more so i started using dip switches, as of now i cant go past 140fsb using the P4T manual im at 2240 w/140fsb and it seems stable (havent pushed it yet) my question(s) are as follows

at higher fsb's like 144,150 i get a windows blue screen error (xp) one is just 000000xxe7 or something if i tune it down a bit it beings to actually boot xp but when it gets to load the GUI i get awindows physical memory error saying i dont have enough, and it shutsdown, could this be because i have my page file set to 100?

next off i hear everyone talk about 3:4 ratios and all this stuff, what the heck does this mean, and do i need to do something in bios to increase/decrease something to allow me to push higher fsbs?

Last but not least, i am running default voltage right now, if i add some more juice in bios, could this maybe help me go higher?

This is my 1st overclock, so im new at this but so far so good!!
Thanks guys

Back