• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the pin trick work on the P4B266-E?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clevor

I've done it on a P4T-E but don't know if it works the same on the P4B266-E.

First of all, does it work with the P4B266-E?

Second, if it works, what does it do to the voltage settings in the BIOS? Does it raise your minimum vcore in the BIOS to that voltage?

Or, are you stuck with just the voltage the pins are set at?

I've been playing around with one of these boards. Best I can do at highest 1.775 vcore in the BIOS is 136 FSB. The same 1.6a did 144 on the P4T-E, but I was vidpinning to 1.8 vcore.

The short answer is yes it should. I was using an MSI 845 ARU that needed the pin trick, then swapped to a P4B266-C without taking the wire off and it worked fine (used for 1.7V default). I later discovered the "Overclock" jumper left of the CPU socket which provides the 1.7V default that I wanted so have since ditched the wire. The moral of the story is that if the CPU needs 1.7v to initialize then use the overclock jumper instead of a wire.

Back