• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Th7 Ii Raid - Correct Way To Connect Onboard Usb ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

michaelo

Hi,

Can someone please tell me the correct way to connect up the onboard USB
connector on the TH7 II RAID mobo?
When I bought my PC the engineer connected the USB wrong and only ONE of the
TWO USB ports at the front
of my tower worked.

I since then disconnected the cable from the mobo and now I can't connect it
back the right way :) I tried it the
same way it was before but when I turn on the pc the mobo does not power up
:-(

Diagrams, instructions would be MOST helpfull!!

TIA

mike

In the manual it says:

" To use the USB port through FPIO3 header, attach jumpers to short Pin 1-3 and Pin 2-4 of JP5 (Default)"

There is also a diagram in the manual. If you don't have the manual it can be downloaded(.pfd) off Abits website.

I would try that but my USB cable has 2 jumpers (the jumper is split) and I dont know which jumper goes to its correct header,
I need to get them connected the right way round too...

Any suggestions?

mike

By your description of "jumper" in your last reply, I am getting that you really mean your cable/wire that comes from the external USB's?

In the manual the "jumpers" are the connectors that jump the pins on the JP5. Like the Jumper that shorts the CMOS, same kind of jumper.

If your wire/cable from your external USB is split, then you need to contact the maker and find out from them what the wires are. You could also contact Abit tech email, they might help you figure out the connector orientation. Who is the maker of the external USB, what color are the wires, etc.? And again, do you have two split wires/cables/connectors that come from your external USB?

Have you seen a TH7II manual yet?

Back