• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which mobo for ddr333?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1sleeper

Registered
Well, it looks like the new 850E is a huge disappointment and I waited for nuthin. :mad:
Now I need to know who's got the THE mobo for ddr333 as I'm ready to spend some $ all ready.
Thanks guys,
Jim

Go for the ASUS P4S533 its the daddy, I swapped my old ABIT BD7 for one and this ASUS is a MUCH MUCH better board... You won't be dissapointed :D

Thanks for the input guys, I like asus products period....even if they are a little pricey :D
Since I don't have any ram at the moment, I'm torn between the P4T-E and P4S-533. I have read about a few stability problems with the P4S533, but I think that may have to do with using both power options at the same time. The price on RDram has me thinking, both boards set up with 512 are about the same, but it seems the Rdram is a little faster. BTW, I want to use it with a 1.6A. There is a newer post in cpu's ....a guy has his 1.6A/P4T-E almost to 3.0 ghz.
Jim

1st I have had NO stability issued at all with the P4S533, I have had not a single crash or BSOD (touch wood ;) ) , Also what fools are using both power options? It says clearly in the manual that only one power option should be used at any one time... furthermore, the P4S533 is one of the cheeper boards on the market, I picked it up for £94 including shipping, and that the full board with the onboard LAN and everything :)

If your going the RDRAM route then the ABIT TH7II is the best board out, but for DDR333 I don't think you can beat the ASUS P4S533....

Finally, don't bank on getting your 1.6A anwhere above 2.13Ghz ... that is pretty much your highest guarrenteed OC mark, anything extra is a bonus, if you can try and get a malaysian CPU, they tend to OC much further than the Costa Rican counterparts :)

Hope that helps ya m8 ;)

by the way sleeper i forgot to meniton this (and only remembered thet hread when the e-mail got to me saying you posted) I hope it's not too late... but if money is not an option i'd say definately go for the p4T-E!!! p4's need a lot and i mean alot of memory bandwidth.... so let it have it! RDRAM is definately the king of all ram! (if you don't mind waiting say another 2 months... RDRAM teamed up with sis and you'll be seeing some sis chipsets taht support RDRAM! not only that buyt there bound to be cheaper than those expensive intel chipsets...)

It's not too late:D I was previously stuck on RDram and couldn't decide on the asus or abit. I like the P4T-E but I also want RAID. Since then, I have begun to think that it wasn't worth the extra $60 for Ram and $40 for the mobo. I guess the new 850 ruined it for me, and Tom's H. comparison of DDR vs. RDR shows little improvement. I guess PC800 @ 1066 would change all of that though. Tom's goes as far as to say that DDR is better in some applications. I do like RDram, but is it worth the extra bill? And do I wait for the new SIS/RDram mobo? I waited to long for the new 850, will the SIS be a let down also?
Thanks Darryl,
Jim

well it depends.... what's your setup right now? If it is anything around 500 or more mhz i would say wait till june... it's only about a month and a half until the release, but if you are extremely eager to buy something then go for the asus p4s533... i would personally wait for the new sis... and of course go to their website and read up on it and check in, and if it looks like it's going to be a disappointment (from what i heard it doesn't) then i would immediately go for the motherboard i wanted before. It's hard choosing a motherboard, and the reason for that is that tommorow there's a motherboard 7 times better than yours for half the price you paid.

My laptop is sufficing (800 PIII) for now but I've been itchin' for a good home gamer and something I can play with. Laptops suck in that regard, they're only good for work and internet. I guess I should wait for the "best" mobo for the money. Just hope it's not too pricey. P4S544 should be REAL cheap by then.
Jim

Back