• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

µatx or micro atx board for northwood and best oc´ ability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hellraiser

hi all,
i need some holp here please,
i have a epox4sda and a 1.6gnorthy océd @ 133 fsb

i would like to build a new case and make a cube. now what i need is a good word from you folks to tell me which board to buy. it should be as small as possible , µatx or micro-atx, but i want to be able to overclock my northy really well too :)
right now im not to happy with the epox - its too limited - especially in RAM settings :(( so anything better would make me really happy.

the mobo must have 1 agp slot and if possible ( depends on the form factor 2 or 3 pci slots.

it should support ddr ram

onboard stuff: i hate onboard devices but i have to live with them if i want to use up really little space so... :
i would go down on the pci slots if the mobo had on board LAN.
onboard sound would be ok too but only if it INST a AC97 chip - which sucks IMO.

it gonna be a simple game box with a nice gpu-card, lan , and sound. no raid.

any ideas? ne1 have a setup with a small mobo??

i´m helpless here caus i dont know where to stark looking.

i´d b very thankful for any response.

excuse my poor english.

btw i have a pic of my sys ( sorry only one pic works right now - the very last one on the bottom ) www.8ung.at/hellraiser
ne comment on my setup is welcome too.

thx

Here is what I chose for Micro ATX.

Asus P4S333-M motherboard
Intel 2.0 @ 2.9 GHz 1.8v via vid pinning
Mushkin PC3000 ddr
Geforce2 ddr
Antec 400 wat PSU
Inwin V500 Micro ATX case
Dangerden Cube radiator
120mm delta fan
Danner 1.9 pump inline
Maze2 waterblock with P4 adapter

The P4S333-M has LAN, sound and 3 PCI slots. The only other board I would concider is the Epox EP-4SDM+

Why don't you like the ram settings on your board? You might just need a new bios.

p4-1.jpg

Back