• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I use pc2700 instead of pc2100?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mmcshmi11

I have a via p4x266 motherboard that says it supports pc2100 ram.
If I'm going to overclock, would using pc2700 benefit me, and would it even work in my computer??

It will help when going for higher bus speeds and yes, it will work in any board that accepts DDR memory.

what's up with crucial

How come at crucials website they have many pc2100 ram models, but only 2 pc2700 ones? Will ECC ram also work better than non-parity??

How come at crucials website they have many pc2100 ram models, but only 2 pc2700 ones?

Because pc2100 has been out much longer and has many more revisions(to improve performance, overclockability, etc) than pc2700 and crucial has only released two different revisions of pc2700.

Re: what's up with crucial

mmcshmi11 said:
How come at crucials website they have many pc2100 ram models, but only 2 pc2700 ones? Will ECC ram also work better than non-parity??

You probably want to pass on the ECC version as that is made for mission critical servers, and Its a slower than the non ecc memory being that the ECC version checks for errors, and to do this it is slower.

For example the Overclockers.com server computer uses ECC Crucial memory as its a mission critical server.

Back