• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Can someone with samsung 2700/333 DDR give me the numbers off the ram. The numbers printed on the side.

Mine came today. Its got 4 modules on each side of the PCB...
Samsung 217
K4H560838C-T3BC

I have a question about ram heatspreaders. They normally come attached with thermal tape. I asked for mine to be packed separately. I want to use Arctic Alumina on it. Will I need adhesive? I think I probably will since thermal tape is kind of thick, and the spreader only has a couple of clips which probably won't be enough to hold the spreader on tightly if used without adhesive.

If your memory has 4 chips on each side it's probably not genuine samsung.

Does it have a samsung sticker? Does the pcb have samsung marked on it?

20-147-102-01.JPG

ram

OCsystem!!! I read about them the day after I ordered... but they're helping me to rma my old stick of OCZ...

Just test it before you make it unreturnable.
Some of the imitation stuff is ok.

I would just use the thermal tape on the heatspreader.

new samsung

Used the thermal tape. Too much of a hassle over nothing to try it with AA.

Burning-in at 10x150 max timings except 2t command rate. 2.55 volts, but will increase...

My old OCZ started becoming a little unstable at 150FSB unless I switched it to cas 2.5. Will test the new stick some more when I get home in the AM.

Samsung??

Still having stability issues above 150FSB, and the ram does not like anything more than 2.6 volts. Also changed from DIMM 4 to DIMM 1.

I'm continuing to burn-in, but am already starting to think about sending it back.

If you are sure it is the memory preventing you from going over 150 then send it back.
I have never heard of samsung 2700 that wouldn't run 2700 (166mhz).
Most will do 200 without any "burn in".

Well, I'm on a KT266a motherboard, so 155-170 is all I'm hoping for. I got it to work at 155 from the start on a lower multiplyer, but it was unstable. I'll take out my nic and USB card and test some more. I know heat could also be a problem... My house is 85F with the AC blasting. (Really gotta move or buy another AC unit) Although my cpu is reading 39C at load. Just got a Digidoc, so I'll get the real temp once I hook it up this morning. And I'll give 2.7 volts another go now that I've burned it a little.

I have my Samsung Original PC2700 @ PC3200 (DDR400) @ CAS2 6,3,3 @ default voltage of 2.5V without any burn in, original samsung is only single sided BTW...

Back