• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin PC3000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxima88

Does it really have PC3000 memory chips or just overclocked memory chips?

I'm thinking of buying it but need to know if it's true pc3000.

If not then I'll go w/ the PC2700 samsung.

Thanks.

Mushkin makes good stuff.....Just go to google and do a search on pc3000 or pc3200 ddr roundups.

Matter of fact all the DDR roundups I've read shows both the Corsair and the Mushkin pc3000 and 3200 leaving Samsung in the dust. ;)

Here's one example:

A round up pitting our PC2700 against several other manufacturers. "Even with a lower memory voltage compared to the rest, somehow it doesn't impaired its overclockability and still hit a FSB of 200Mhz under most aggressive memory timings and 215Mhz under auto timings by SPD. A solid performer from Mushkin indeed"

April 15, 2002
www.VR-Zone.com

PS Yodels you shouldn't Doubt Mushy
(from Mushkin, they are in compliance with JDEC as is Samsung)

What is PC2700 DDR SDRAM?

DDR (double data rate) SDRAM is the latest evolution in random access memory (RAM) technology. All SDRAM operates on a system frequency or "bus" speed measured in mega hertz (MHz). Traditional SDRAM used only the rising edge of the clock cycle to transfer data. The new DDR SDRAM transfers data on both the rising and falling edge of the clock. PC2700 is the common name for the JEDEC specification for DDR which runs on a 166MHz bus speed (333MHz double data rate). The chips themselves are named in a more conventional way as "DDR-333" where the name reflects their MHz speed, the modules however are named for the effective data transfer of 2700 MB/sec (2.7 GB/sec) on a 64-bit bus.

PC2700 DDR uses DDR-333 chips. The DDR-333 chips are rated for CAS2.5 operation at 333MHz and CAS2 operation at 266MHz. These modules are programmed for CAS 2.5-3-3 operation at 333MHz via the serial presence detect (SPD) EEPROM. PC2700 DDR is designed for use with motherboards supporting the PC2700 spec and CPUs which run on a 133MHz FSB (266MHz DDR) and yet to be released CPUs running on a 166MHz FSB (333MHz DDR).

http://www.mushkin.com/cgi-bin/Mushkin.storefront/3cdb6179050763a22741c0a8010205f2/UserTemplate/5

Last edited:
maxima88 said:
Does it really have PC3000 memory chips or just overclocked memory chips?

I'm thinking of buying it but need to know if it's true pc3000.

If not then I'll go w/ the PC2700 samsung.

Thanks.

When I asked Mushkin what memory chips they use on their 3200ddr they told me samsung tcb-3.
These are the same chips on samsung 2700.
I did not ask about the mushkin 3000.
Mushkin does not make memory chips.

I went with the Mushkin because it came with heat spreaders and it hardly cost any more at the time. The chips are the same on the mushking but the PCB design is a little better. I'm very happy I went with Mushkin since I was able to pus it all the way to 220 MHz without giving it more voltage. Go with the mushkin and you won't be dissapointed.

Back