• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help getting past 115 fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryw2

Registered
P4 2.2 @ 2.53 Asus P4T-E Samsung PC800mem Win XP Nvidia gefoce2 Ti 7200 ata100 drives. Temps 37 to 47 C vcore 1.5 volts

I can not get Win XP to boot past 115 fsb. This is with mem at 4x or 3x with turbo on or off. Sometimes I get mem error or winxp just locks up at boot. Any help would be great.

harryw2 said:
P4 2.2 @ 2.53 Asus P4T-E Samsung PC800mem Win XP Nvidia gefoce2 Ti 7200 ata100 drives. Temps 37 to 47 C vcore 1.5 volts

I can not get Win XP to boot past 115 fsb. This is with mem at 4x or 3x with turbo on or off. Sometimes I get mem error or winxp just locks up at boot. Any help would be great.

Try using memtest86 from here: http://www.teresaudio.com/memtest86/

While not at 115FSB, run the program and it will make a bootable floppy. Boot off this floppy and run the memtester while at 115 FSB. It will test your memory and if there are any errors it will tell you. If you get any memory errors then the RAM is to blame.

what brand ram are you running cause i have the same mobo and i got mine stable at 138 fsb. 140,144 i get random BSOD's about my memory failing and at 150 it doesnt boot at all i get a repeating long beep cycle. You should be able to go higher than 115fsb. also you could try giving it some more voltage that might make it more stable. Allthough i dont think you need it at such a low fsb

WELCOME

WWWEEEEEEEEEELLLLLCCCCC WELCOME TO THE FORMS!!!! :) :D :) :D

Sory bro i can not help i have on real Experance with overclocking. Well i have a little and it could be you memory.

Back