• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4.2 gb/s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhypertext

has anyone seen a nforce board hit 4.2 like they claim they will i can hit 2.1 gb/s but need one more stick to use the dual channel
but i have seen reviews where pople use 2 sticks and are only benchmarking 1.8 gb/s

has anyoe seen the boards perform at 4.2 or seen any benchmarks at 4.2

has anyone seen a nforce board hit 4.2 like they claim they will i can hit 2.1 gb/s but need one more stick to use the dual channel
but i have seen reviews where pople use 2 sticks and are only benchmarking 1.8 gb/s

has anyoe seen the boards perform at 4.2 or seen any benchmarks at 4.2

You won't get any more memory bandwith as the Athlon's fsb can only use 2.1gb/s a second. It will give your system cas 2 performace if you are using cas 2 ram or if you are using the onboard video, improve performance be keeping the cpu and grafics chipset from sharing memory bandwidth(i.e. CPU gets 2.1gb/s and vid gets 2.1gb/s instead of CPU getting 1.8gb/s and vid getting the rest. This is when it will make a big diff. Otherwise 1 is as good as two

I hope this helped you
Sworkhard

a little but thats not
what i asked i asked about getting 4.2 gb/s
and if any onw knows any bechmarks that have do it

Do to architecture limitations, first generation nForce boards are limited to the chipset design and latency times between both DDR channels.

The nForce 620 will attempt to improve performance on this latency bug and also implement DDR333.

At stock speed, the nForce 620 with Duel channel DDR333 will score around 3500MB/s (in sandra) nearing 80% faster than previous nForce setups.

AXIA

Back