• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

149 fsb max

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hardass

Shuttle AK35GTR
256 mg Samsung 2700/333 DDR
1600xp unlocked
Had it to 153 fsb stable couple days, tried going higher raised voltages lowered multiplier would go to 155 booted but after a few minutes would freeze up. Rebooted would not boot, reset cmos. Now sys will not bootup at anything past 149 fsb. What happened?

i think there is a divider that kicks in somewhere around there...mine won't boot at 149... but it will boot and run at 151 just fine.

Lowered cas lat whatever that is to 2 from 2.5 amd set voltage at 2.70 and it is booting at 152 fsb

hardass said:
Lowered cas lat whatever that is to 2 from 2.5 amd set voltage at 2.70 and it is booting at 152 fsb

For only 3 fsb, I would never trade turbo ram timings for it. Your system might be even slower now because your ram isn't running fast.

Yodums said:

For only 3 fsb, I would never trade turbo ram timings for it. Your system might be even slower now because your ram isn't running fast.

Put cas back to 2.5, fsb at 154. In the bios what are the other settings below cas

settings

4 way bank interleave is a good boost
2T command rate provides stability
The ones in between can be lowered for marginal performance gains, but Id just leave 'em alone for stabilty

I can boot at 155 if I work at it, but I get BSODs every 2-12 hours at any settings above 150 FSB. Still messing with it....

Re: settings

Arkaine23 said:
4 way bank interleave is a good boost
2T command rate provides stability
The ones in between can be lowered for marginal performance gains, but Id just leave 'em alone for stabilty

I can boot at 155 if I work at it, but I get BSODs every 2-12 hours at any settings above 150 FSB. Still messing with it....

I,m running at 154 fsb now. I am gonna leave it and start checking into another mobo that can oc better.

mobo's

yeah, it's prolly the mobo that's causing instability... However, even 100 CPU Mhz is not worth $100 to me... I'll wait for Kt400 before I replace this AK35.

PS. Gonna test this memory on an AK31 board and see how it does...

Re: mobo's

Arkaine23 said:
yeah, it's prolly the mobo that's causing instability... However, even 100 CPU Mhz is not worth $100 to me... I'll wait for Kt400 before I replace this AK35.

PS. Gonna test this memory on an AK31 board and see how it does...

Let me know what happens, I have that board also.

memory stuff

Its at my girl's place... should have a chance to test it in the next few days.

I bet more Vio voltage would help....

Re: memory stuff

Arkaine23 said:
Its at my girl's place... should have a chance to test it in the next few days.

I bet more Vio voltage would help....

Don,t know what Vio is

vio

I may have my facts confused, but I think its for PCI/AGP... I still haven't removed my cards for testing, so they may be to blame.

Re: vio

Arkaine23 said:
I may have my facts confused, but I think its for PCI/AGP... I still haven't removed my cards for testing, so they may be to blame.

I,ll be waiting to hear results.

folding

I'm just so reluctant to take apart my rig now beacuse of the Folding contest... Have a digidoc to install, a cd-rw drive, a 2nd HDD, memory to burn-in some more, reformatting to do...

This stuff just keeps piling up! But I must keep Folding!!!!!

Re: folding

Arkaine23 said:
I'm just so reluctant to take apart my rig now beacuse of the Folding contest... Have a digidoc to install, a cd-rw drive, a 2nd HDD, memory to burn-in some more, reformatting to do...

This stuff just keeps piling up! But I must keep Folding!!!!!

Good Luck!!

Yodums said:
VIO is the amount of voltage going to the chipset to power all those AGP, PCI etc.

So where is that in the bios, and what are average settings

ak31 no have vio settings

mine is 100% stable at 156FSB and 2.7vdimm at turbo
settings. cant wait for my unlocking kit and mushkinpc3000
tommorow!

hardass said:

So where is that in the bios, and what are average settings

Following what Arkaine said, you probably need to use a circuit board with switches and solder some stuff on if you don't even have it in your bios or an actual option.

Back