• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Crucial RAM refuses to do cas2 help??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zoopa_man

I just got a new stick of Crucial Memory. It's a 256mb PC133 Cas 2 chip. But when I set the ram time's to 2-2-2 in the bios on my Abit ST-6 and do a save n reboot. The first thing while booting says Ram Cas timing changed to "3" I don't get it. what's going on?

The sticker on the chip says cas 2 222 and there are no other ram chips in my system. this is the only chip. So I don't understand why I can't get my PC to run my new ram at Cas2 timings. can someone help me out ?

Probably asking in the intel abit motherboard section might give you other users with the same boards help.
As a guess leave the memory timing set to spd if your board has that option or look for a more recent bios for your board as this sounds more like a motherboard issue than a memory one.

I agree

I agree with Placid. See if ther is a BIOS up date. If ther is flash you bios. But Flashing you bios is a Serious thing to do. When you do it make shure you computer does not loose power at all or you could Mess up you BIOS and the only way to fix it is to Set the COMS reset jumper or you mother board then you have to Flash you BIOS all over agin.

Good luck bro.:rolleyes:

Newest bios did the trick. Thanks a million.

As an update too....I did some tests with sisoft sandra....and found that 1 256mb 2-2-2 chip gets better memory scores then two 256mb chips at 3-2-2. Does that sound like it should make sense ? speed wins over memory size in this case. mmm

Back