• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am using Stock AMD memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darkpie

Ok I have a Duron 1Gig that came 1 sitck of DIMM 128MB of SDRAM. And i am running stock Heatsink and Fan. Is runs at a Temp of 49 Degres C after it is been running for a long time.

So i would Like to have some Sugestions on how to Overclock this Box. I am a Newbe and dont know much out side of A+ Certification Info.

If you can help me pleas. IF you know of any good reads on Websites or on O/C pleas tell me. Thank you

P.S The ChipSet is VIA KLE133

is that 10x100? or 7.5x133?

if your multiplier is locked then you cant do much in terms of that but what you can do is overclock your FSB... this can either be done through jumper settings on your motherboard, or just assing about in the bios... some people need bios updates before they can do this...

Im not going to recommend that unless you are absolutely confident that you can do it...

but just try and keep you temprature under 50 - if this means buying a badass heatsink, then so be it :)

ninthebin said:
is that 10x100? or 7.5x133?

if your multiplier is locked then you cant do much in terms of that but what you can do is overclock your FSB... this can either be done through jumper settings on your motherboard, or just assing about in the bios... some people need bios updates before they can do this...

Im not going to recommend that unless you are absolutely confident that you can do it...

but just try and keep you temprature under 50 - if this means buying a badass heatsink, then so be it :)

he can do something about the multiplier. why not just do the pencil tick and unlock it. what motherboard do you have? that is most likely the defining factor. if it doesnt have FSB or multi optionss then you need a new one, oh and have you taken the A+ exams yet? are they hard?

yeap..

just start here...

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61165

and here...

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66470

as far as the CS, KLE133 is an integrated mobo, is it not?
can you tell us which mobo specifically you have?
look on the mobo for a silkscreened model number.

stock cooling is never good for O/C'ing and stock RAM is usually also a weak point, however cheap generic can sometimes be fairly decent. look on the RAM chips for a name printed on each one, and post that info.
you need decent RAM and a good PSU to get great overclocks
and even then...
video, NIC, HDD, and sound card can mess with ya when they fall too far outta spec. some things just dont tolerate high FSB.
that said, most can, at least to a modest level.

cooling is cheap, and boards are cheap.. $70-$80 buys both.

please be descriptive, and post yer system info in your signature box so ppl can help you better.

OK here we go I am using a Azza Motherboard it is a 361 BS

and the Chipset is a VIA KLE133 and yes it has intrgrated Video and sound. And as for the memory it is stock RAM that came with the Duron on the chip it said VM

P.S. How do you put you system stats in the little box at the bottom of the screen

Once agin thank you all.

in the button labeled "User CP" go to "edit user profile" and bout midway down the page is a signature box.

as far as Azza and integrateds..

i'm just gonna be blunt...

you are not gonna have much room to play.
there probly are'nt any settings in the BIOS, and the integrated components probly won't hold up running out of spec...
thus raising FSB beyond 112-115 is unlikely. you can probly get that far tho.

right now, stuff is very inexpensive,

buy yerself a "refurb" mobo from Newegg, made by one of these MFR's:

Shuttle, Gigabyte, Soltek, or Iwill... look for a KT266a or KT333 chipset.

now get a XP processor, XP1600 or XP1700 for under $100
or, for an even easier overclock, get a 1ghz Duron for $50 cuz they're much easier to unlock.

and a stick of DDR, i'd say Dane-elec cuz they're Nanya chips and work well. PC2100 is fine, 256Mb is below $60 at this time.

next up is a vid card, and a GF4 MX440 is a nice buy. i have one here, and visually it's pretty awesome. scores in 3dmark with it are pretty sweet too.

use your onboard sound, add a hard drive and network card...

and you'll be overclockin' with ease. you can build a really nice box for $500 or less right now. retire the one you're running to a server or a folding box :)

Thank you What is a Good 3D Stress Test and System Checker for performance? I would like to use one that is easy to Unederstand the Read outs from the test Well untill i get better with the Lingo. Well i have learned a lot form the Forms and i like it here i will continue to learn.

Once agin thank you all for you help.

HEHE guess what i forgot to tell you that i am using dial up and the program is 38MB that will take a yeal hehe i will wate until i get bradband

but thank you any way.

Back