• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where do u increase ram voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes, I/O voltage means the RAM. Technically it should include ALL the I/O parts in your system, but it really only changes voltage for your RAM.

Just take it easy with that setting! In my experiance, you can easily permanently damage RAM by giving it too much juice.

oh, tnx
ok so is the default 3.3? or 3.4? cause right now my friends is at 3.4 and we put it on 3.5 and lokoed in line volts the 3.3 line was at 3.57 so i thought that has somethign to do with it and we put it back to 3.4, does it have something to do wit it? and is ram erally 3.4? cause i saw ddr is like 2.5 sdr 3.4 then?

The spec is for 3.3V on the I/O bus, but a lot of motherboards ship with it set to default at 3.4V in order to get better stability and compatibility. Apparently, if you have really crappy RAM the boost from 3.3V to 3.4V will make it more likely to work.

My old Soyo Pro133 board came with the 3.3V set to 3.53V, and no way to adjust it. Ran fine for 2 years!

DDR RAM runs at 2.5V, and SDRAM runs at I think 3.3V. With DDR, the 'missing' volts are needed to work the DDR bus. The 3.3V refers not just to the RAM, but the RAM controler chip as well I believe. Southbridge, I guess.

Back