• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The rdram question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if its an intel i850 chipset it wont support it, only the new i850E chipsets support pc1066 rimms, the i850e supports 533mhz fsb whereas the i850 only supports 400mhz fsb.

hope that helps.

I have got recent Samsung RDRAM PC800 no ECC and it goes to PC1066 and over easily. Not sure whether the 92mm fan on the Zalman bracket blowing over it and the chipset helps, but it sure keeps the temperature down by 20-30°C.

Unfortunately I have not managed to get my P4 2.0a to run 100% stable with a FSB of 133MHz.

So before you upgrade your RDRAM, 2 things to check:

1. Is your CPU stable at 133MHz FSB?

2. Can your current RAM reach PC1066? (you can try holding a case fan above the RDRAM with the case open to see if it helps).

As for myself, I will upgrade only when I have a CPU which can reach a FSB of 150MHz and PC1200 is out.

PC1066 is not even out yet, and even some of the 850E motherboards don't support it yet officially, although even the 850E motherboards are not out.

Back