• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 2700...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tainice

ok, i cannot do sh@t with this ram...no cas2..basically, if i change any option in bios, system will crash, waste..cannot do 145fsb even with 2.7v..help!! i though samsung got the best peroformace, but this? i ordered this ram from z-buy, should i ram it back?

Have you had your system higher than 145 before with other memory?
Is your cpu unlocked if so have you lowered the multiplier?
Are you using the system in your signature?

Is the memory genuine samsung, does it have a samsung sticker and have samsung on the pcb?

Placid said:
Have you had your system higher than 145 before with other memory?
Is your cpu unlocked if so have you lowered the multiplier?
Are you using the system in your signature?

Is the memory genuine samsung, does it have a samsung sticker and have samsung on the pcb?

This is my first DDR system, and everything is new to me. Anyway, no i have not tested the chip with another ram (don't have any besides the samsung at this moment). good news is, i can do 146fsb with prime and F@h running for 9 hours without any error, 3dmark is ok, same as DiabloII for 2 hours---but all those is with most lame timing in bios.... btw, how one tell it is a genuine samsung? it does not have a samsung sticker, all it said is, "DDR 2700", but got samsung on the pcb. another question, where can i find the most detailed DDR tweaking article, need to get my score up, if the ram can handle that is. oh, i heard that samsung ram needs some burn-in, what is it?

Strange that your memory has no samsung sticker but the pcb say's samsung. Is it marked in a gold color along the short end?

Burning in samsung is for getting it to do a little better than it does "out of the box" it should do 166mhz without any burning in.

Since this is a new system I would look at other things first and ask some others with the same board what are good timings to use and if they are getting good results with samsung on your board.

people, i am at 160fsb with fastest timing!! yeah!! burn-in is DA BOMB!! i use sandra's memory burn in..loop around 4000+ times, and now i can do 160!! my goal is 166 with fastest timing!!

What i did was, burn in at 144fsb with slowest timing, then go for 145, then 150, then started to fasten the timing one option at once, burn in, then next, burn in, then go for 153 (slowest), then 157, then 160. for each jump, i loop the sandra at least 300~1500 times.

the board is working wonderingfully, but one thing, the dying fan on top of northbridge. It is making some high pitch noises, gonna fix it soon, other than that, it is all good! :D

Well I just got some ram from Z-buy. They said it was Samsung, BUT? Well the only thing that says Samsung is the chips themselves! On the PCB board it says "Powermem".

I ordered the memory from Z-buy this week. It arrived today and it was NOT Samsung memory, but some generic company using Samsung memory chips. Oh the chips were Samsung but NOT the PCB board, the whole memory stick was assembyled by some company called "Powermem". So Z-buy is NOT selling Samsung memory, BUT they are advertising their memory as Samsung, which is misleading, when only the chips are Samsung. I've tried calling Z-buy all day today and have gotten either a busy signal or no one answers. I have also e-mailed them and have not recieved any response.

I'll tell everybody, I'm getting more than a little tired of being continueously screwed by computers companies over the net! In the past month I've had problems with Gainward, UnitedMicro, OCSystems, OCtechnologies, and now Z-buy! Geez, I even choose Z-buy, in part, because they had a decent rating at resellers.com! But this is enough to about stop me from buying from these net stores! I've had much better luck buying off e-bay.

Cheers,
Mike Lamb

I have the Samsung pc2700 running at 200 fsb with cas at 2.5. Tested out using Sandra 2002 and got a score of over 3000 on memory benchmark. This is using the p4 1.6A o/c to 2.4. I can tell my system ran much faster than my original ram settings which is 166 fsb at cas 2 with highest settings in the bios and processor running at 2.6 gig. On the last setting, Sandra scored only 2600 on the memory bench.

It might be a placebo effect but I can really tell my system runs much faster with the ram set at 200fsb.

Back