• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Man i am still lost?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darkpie

OK The FBS of my Motherboard booklet is confusing me.

Ok it says " For a 200MHz CPU the mainboard supports a 100MHz FBS, For a 266MHz CPU the maiboard supports a 133MHz FBS.

Now this CPU is 1GHz And uses SDRAM. this is confusing me Can someone explain it to me?

How are they getting a 100MHz for a 200MHz chip

Once agin thank you all.

confusion

A 1000 Mhz cpu is either:

10 (Multiplyer) x 100 (FSB) = 1000 Mhz
or
7.5 (Multiplyer) x 133 (FSB) = 997 Mhz

The motherboard can do both. When you go into the bios to OC, it'll show you the FSB, and you'll have your answer.

The cpu is independent of whether you have sdram or DDR sdram. So 100/200 and 133/266 are just the way they show it, since DDR is effectively 2x what regular sdram is at the same FSB.

you will get better performance at 7.5x133 vice 10x100 due ot at the same speed the 133 settings will get better numbers. The faster tehm mem sped the faster teh programs will run.

Thank you all. I get lost when it comes to the FBS and the Memory speed and CPU i thank i understand. But One day i will click i hope LOL

P.S the Yoda fight seen in Epsode 2 was cool.

Back