• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micron 2100 or generic 2400?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nicspits

Hello everybody,

I just have a quick question of what would be the better way to go. Should I buy 2x256 of Micron PC2100 and overclock those with the fastest timings to 145FSB(as high as I want for the moment) $85 total. or should I get 2x256 some generic pc2400 and see if those will run at fast timings but probably not but at least will ensure the stable 145FSB for $110???? decisisons decisions.

It's basically a fight over stability and fast timings. If the micron can sustain that with the fast timings 2-2-2 than I'm all for it, but if I have to drop down below 140 to make it stable, than it's better to go with 145 of generic 2400. isn't it?

Thanks for all replies.

Yeah but that'ld be for only 256mb, I want to get 512mb making it 65 dollars more than pc2100. Sorry but I don't want to spend that much!

Back