• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SDRAM Problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flatliner383

Registered
Well, my system specs are below but when I crank my memory speed to 133 mhz its randomly reboots itself, Im not sure why. My OS is Win 2k Pro if that can help.. Thanks in advance guys..

Hmm

I guess if a person doesnt run ddr or the highest of quality equipment he cant get any help. Oh well I guess...

Try removing some of the memory so you are using 256mb or 512mb and see if it makes a difference.

If it does then you will need to decide if its better to have more memory or speed.

If you can adjust your memory voltage raising it a .2v might help.

So far so good..

Well so far so good anyways... usually it reboots within the first five minutes of boot.. Im running just teh 512 stick now, could it have been because they werent the same size? anyways thanks again Placid Much obliged. If the brand name helps with any extra info its SpecTek, not sure how good it is, my uncle gave me them, one is a 512 mb stick other is 256 mb stick... Oh ya, Im highly repetative about this, but thanks Placid

No different size sticks don't matter much its just harder usually to get more memory to run as high as less.

I am not familar with spectek memory.

The computer just reboots without any windows error?

You might want to look at some other possibility for this other than the memory.
Usually memory will cause a hang or errors when windows loads.
Might be something else. Check your voltages in windows with a program like motherboard monitor.

I havent had any problems since I turned it on this time.. been running it since my last post at 8:06 central time, and it is now 9:15 so I think its gonna work. When it did reboot though it did have a message come up but it went by so fast you couldnt read it.. just a flash and it rebooted, but like I said its workin now, thanks a lot man. Now what to do with this 256 stick.. Hmm :D

Back