• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial prices down. Buy? Wait?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mpegger

Last week, the price for PC133 256mb Cas 2 ram was about $83. Looks like Crucial has dropped the prices $20, so its now at $63. Sould I hold out and see if they drop more? I hate to see them jump again, but would rather try for $40-$50. Whadda ya think?

Many retail vendors, are indeed, selling Crucial memory cheaper than Crucial does themselves. You can get it now, but I would shop around because I guarantee you can get it for less somewhere.

I'm planning on waiting because the new memory out is driving the prices on 2100 DDR down quite a bit. Remember last fall when the price of ram doubled in a week? I doubt that will be happening anytime soon. *knock*

256MB of Crucial PC2100 is down to $47 on Newegg, that's $6 less than from Crucial! (From Crucial, it's $70.99, with 10% off it's $63.89, minus a $15 coupon, which is $52.92!)

Of course, Fedex 2nd day shipping is free from Crucial, but it's $6 from Newegg. But if you've got a HDD or a case or something you want to order from Newegg, it'll absorb alot of the shipping for the RAM, so it will be cheaper from newegg.

Back