• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Heat Spreader?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A memory heat spreader is just a piece of aluminum that is attached to a memory stick to spread heat evenly and designed to keep your memory cooler.

If your looking to overclock (who isn't), then it might help a bit. But if you have good case cooling, then it might not matter if you have it or not.

Best to check on resellers before you buy if it's your first time buying from them.
Buying memory has become often less than a pleasant experience.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2227.html

That said if your motherboard uses ddr then you can use any ddr memory in it but just because you put a stick of ddr400 in a board dosen't always mean your board will be able to run it at ddr400.

Look for others using your motherboard or ask others with your motherboard and if a fair amount of people are able to get good memory to run at 200mhz(400ddr) then you should have a good chance.

Last edited:
A memory heat spreader is a piece of metal designed to spread the heat from the hot chips to the cool ones. It is not really a heatsink but it works farily well.

the spreader will not be an issue with compatability, if that was your question. If your case is reasonably cool then the spreaders won't really make a difference- its more marketing. They don't hurt anything, so you might as well have them. But the composition won't really change anything, so buy the cheaper version. If they are the same price go with the copper, it has better heat transfer properties.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD

Last edited:
I would avoid buying anything from OCsystem as it is ALLEGED That OCZ has a shady history and business practices.

This is my opinion and my opinion alone, but I would't touch OCZ products with a 100 foot pole

Silversinksam said:
I would avoid buying anything from OCsystem as it is ALLEGED That OCZ has a shady history and business practices.

This is my opinion and my opinion alone, but I would't touch OCZ products with a 100 foot pole

Yeah, I went over to ResellerRatings.com. You are right it doesn't look very good.

Hold IT!!!!!!!!!!

Don't buy from OCSystems!
I got, what you call, screwed by them!
And it was on that stupid OCZ ram which isn't worth a flip!
(You don't wanna know!)
And OCZTechnologies does have a shady history.
Many complaints against them to.

There are several threads here at overclockers.com warning against these guys, both of them. But I was too late in finding out. Do a search on the name "MrNatural", "OCZ" and "OCSystems". That should get you close. Or I can post some links myself, but I'll have to look them up.

If you're on a budget, just get you genuine Samsung 2700 memory.

Be cautious!

Cheers,
Mike Lamb

Mike360000 said:
Hold IT!!!!!!!!!!

Don't buy from OCSystems!
I got, what you call, screwed by them!
And it was on that stupid OCZ ram which isn't worth a flip!
(You don't wanna know!)
And OCZTechnologies does have a shady history.
Many complaints against them to.

There are several threads here at overclockers.com warning against these guys, both of them. But I was too late in finding out. Do a search on the name "MrNatural", "OCZ" and "OCSystems". That should get you close. Or I can post some links myself, but I'll have to look them up.

If you're on a budget, just get you genuine Samsung 2700 memory.

Be cautious!

Cheers,
Mike Lamb

We pulled the OCZ thread in the vendor section, all I can say is avoid them.

:mad:

"We pulled the OCZ thread in the vendor section, all I can say is avoid them."

Why pull a thread that tells the truth?
I just don't understand anymore, everything is always done for a profit......................... but not for the truth...............

Mike

Mike360000 said:
"We pulled the OCZ thread in the vendor section, all I can say is avoid them."

Why pull a thread that tells the truth?
I just don't understand anymore, everything is always done for a profit......................... but not for the truth...............

Mike

Why was it pulled?

no , it really slammed them , and thats all I have to say about that
but you may want to go here . This will explain eveything for you

What is this world in for when the truth is deliberately hidden?

Sure enough every reference to the OCZ I knew of has been removed. I looked and they are all gone, even at the other websites.

I have only one positive thing to say in regards to all this hypocrisy and coverups. It helps prove what I've said for a long time, that I don't trust websites or their reviews, and at best they are only good for a vague reference regarding anything. They are *OWNED* by the companies and the products they promote! And don't say all these websites don't promote products, because if your running a website you must be funded from something, whether you outrightly advirtise a product or not. This website has proven itself to be no different!

Cheers,
Mike Lamb

"no , it really slammed them , and thats all I have to say about that but you may want to go here . This will explain eveything for you"

Funny thing, I had that link and it was dead for me an hour or so ago...?

As for the OCZ ram, go look at ebay and look at the prices OCZ ram is bringing there. That says a plenty.

Cheers,
Mike

Mike360000 said:

As for the OCZ ram, go look at ebay and look at the prices OCZ ram is bringing there. That says a plenty.

Cheers,
Mike

Thats because the word is out and eventually the past comes back to haunt you...

Im not shedding any tears for OCZ, as to many people have had problems with them :mad:

Back