• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norbe

I was wondering if someonec tried the OCSystems memory and if some one also knows if OC Systems is a memory producer or what memory brand does it uses. I found an Extreme Performance PC3200 Cas 2/CL2 Memory, does any one ever tried this one memory???

if i were you i wouldnt order anything from them.

check out there reviews on reselleratings.

www.resellerratings.com

looks awful, and many people here have had very bad
experiences with them. just my 2 degrees celcius :p

The best and most reliable merchant is newegg. You'll pay a bit more but you're sure it's worth the piece of mind that you're getting the real thing, not some imitation hardware.

Z-Buy has good deals on Samsung PC2700 and PC3000 memory at the moment. I've ordered from them before and it was a pleasant experience.

This is quality memory as well. Probably about the best PC3000 you can get.

Thanks to all for the replys. I never thought that OC Systems was such a bad place to buy, but after wuat I read than I think I will not order anything form them. Too bad that the only place that I found a PC 3200 CL2 memory was there. Does any one know where to find such memory elseware?

you probably can't find it anywhere because there isn't
any real 3200 cas 2. even corair's xms 3200 is rated at
cas 2.5, but their xms 3000 is rated at cas 2 and most likely
the same chip. :p

I figured that also..... But I am not shure corsair memory to be the best and fastest, related to it's price. I have tested a Samsung at 192 Mhz and it works fine. Do you think you could push a corsair PC 3000 to the 200 Mhz limit?

Jon,
"Z-Buy has good deals on Samsung PC2700 and PC3000 memory at the moment. I've ordered from them before and it was a pleasant experience. This is quality memory as well. Probably about the best PC3000 you can get."

Well I took your advice and ordered some memory from z-buy this week. It arrived today and it was NOT Samsung memory. Oh the chips were Samsung but NOT the PCB board, the whole memory stick was assembyled by some company called "Powermem". So Z-buy is NOT selling Samsung memory, BUT they are advertising their memory as Samsung, which is misleading, when only the chips are Samsung. I've tried calling Z-buy all day today and have gotten either a busy signal or no one answers. I have also e-mailed them and have not recieved any response.

I'll tell everybody, I'm getting more than a little tired of being continueously screwed by computers companies over the net! In the past month I've had problems with Gainward, UnitedMicro, OCSystems, OCtechnologies, and now Z-buy! Geez, I even choose Z-buy, in part, because they had a decent rating at resellers.com! But this is enough to about stop me from buying from these net stores! I've had much better luck buying off e-bay.

Cheers,
Mike Lamb

Back