• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Mushkin pc3000 Samsung pc2700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Starfoxer

World's Biggest E-Thug
i've heard this before and maybe this is why my mem is messing
up like it is. if it is, does that mean i have to burn it in like
samsung??

i'm burning in anyway right now at 151 FSB and 2.5 volts
at slowest settings. i'll loop sandra for 200 times on the mem
bench then move to turbo settings and 2.6 volts.

hope this works, check out this pic.

Memory.JPG

Yes, they use pc2700 samsung chips tested to hit pc3000 speeds.
I do not have any first hand knowledge about having to burn it in but I do know for a fact that it uses pc2700 samsng chips.

I have a 512mb original samsung from newegg.
I didn't burn it in at all an it will run 220mhz.

I have a 256mb 3rd party samgung that ran 210mhz without any burn in.
I did burn in the 256mb for three days, after burning it did 216mhz instead of 210.

You shouldn't need to burn in 2700 memory to get it to run 166mhz or 150mhz that's just silly. I have plenty of crucial 2100 that can do 160mhz.

If I bought 2700 memory and it would not run 2700 and I was sure it was because of the memory I would return it.

Mushkin has very good customer support and a toll free number I would call them and see what they have to say.

Last edited:
what do u guys mean by "burn in" the memory....??

i have a stick of Samsung PC2700 too. but it "only" doing 180MHz @ fastest timing.......

i'm looking for something that could do at least 205 or more regardless the timing.....

w/ all the high speed u guys mentioned, 200+MHz, is it w/ the slow timing?? or still the fastest timing???......

Bender, yeah, that's what i heard and that's why i got Samsung PC2700 for myself. but a bit disappointed for the speed..... may be it's my CPU then.....

I can run my samsung up to 180 cas2 on my sis645 board.
I can run the same stick up to 205 cas 2 on my neighbors kt333 board and 190 cas2 on my xp-333.

What motherboard you put memory in is going to make a difference.

On my sis645 board the difference in cas 2 and cas 2.5 in benchmarks is almost none the trcd setting makes a much bigger difference.

My P4 cpu's limit is 136mhz so I run it at 204 2.5-2-2 1T.

For referance on my SIS645 board I was able to run the Mushkin PC3000 at 220 MHz cas 2.5 with default voltage. I couldn't go faster because I was limited by the chip. I'm sure it would do more if it needed to.

Yes, mushkin uses samsung chips. My samsung Pc2700 seems to cap off around 205 with the fastest timings. The mushkin 3000 stick was getting 215 on my 8kha+, but then I fried it when I cranked the pot too hard and sent 3.8 volts through it on my KR7A. As for burning in, I think for the most part it is a myth. I burned in all three of my samsung sticks with Prime95 for about 30+ hours and didn't get anything else. I talked to macci about it and he too didn't get any gain after burning in. Only a handful of people that I know of have gained much if anything off the burn in.

Back