• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need advice pls

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dark Joker

Hi all, i wanted to increase my RAM, first the specs:
Pentium 3-- 1Ghz-----AsusTek Solano----128 SDRAM---FSB speed 134 mhz.
I was thinking of Corsair, but i wasnt sure of the type, is the CM654S128A-150C2 150 mhz 128mb better or the CM654S256-150C2 150 mhz 265 mb????
I know the difference in RAM but wich will be better for a jump from 128 SDRAM? They are all CAS2. I am open for suggestions, thanks and greets...

I would use 1x256mb sticks myself with sdr as each physical memory slot can have 2 banks there is no advantage in using 2x128 but a disadvantage due to the extra physical traces and connector.

Last edited:
the old is one stick better than two question eh? - I have asked myself before...

really, I just think it depends on how the system accepts the ram...some people may swear by one stick being better, or that two are better...but I think it depends.

I would say get the 256 stick though, as you will use less space, and when it comes to your next ram upgrade, whack a few more 256 sticks in :)

Sorry to ask this newb question but the Corsair sticks are 150 mhz, and i have 134, will it work ???

Yes it will work it's backwards compatable.

Your board is confusing me a little, asus salano dosen't mean alot as asus uses the salano term for a few boards and you posted rdram in your first post.

Is your board a rdram or sdram board?

Reason I ask is I have never heard of rdram being spec'd as 150mhz.

If it is sdram as I assumed and not rdram then what I posted above is correct.

Last edited:
Back