• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC1066 and 1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I won't say who, but a major player in the memory world will be offering PC1066-32 perhaps the end of this week. So hold off on the stuff that is floating around.

My only doubt about PC1066-32 is how much headroom does it have? After all, it may just be binned 800-45 sticks. There is no guarantee it will do 150 FSB and over, or it may do 152-154 max. Remember, if it fails to do even 150, the vendor or manufacturer can just say, hey, it is only rated 1066 or 133 mhz. It's like Ebay, heh heh: "Did I say or is it stated it will do 150 mhz or over?". "Did I say it comes with the box but the box is ripped and crushed?" Etc., etc.

Maybe that's why Samsung refuses to label it officially as PC1200. And take it from me, as I've tested many many Samsung sticks, getting good sticks is a crapshoot. On one batch of sticks, 3 did 148 and 1 wouldn't even do 133.

I couldn't agree more about wondering how much overhead PC-1066 will have for OC'ing. Anotehr major concern of mine is going to be the sticker price...I think we'll all be in for a little shock.

Another point in terms of upgrade paths is something Placid brought up in the Intel section, RDRAM after PC-1066 using a 232-pin rimm slot for 32bit... too many questions..

Peace

Back