• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair/Samsung Memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IFMU

The Xtreme Senior Nobody
Ok, I ordered some ram yesterday and had a few troubles with my order going through... but I got that straightened out and noticed something odd about the order... well I thought I ordered Samsung Memory, but turns out its labeled as Corsair Mem on the site, but has Samsung Brand listed under that.
Which is it? Or is it a combonation of the 2?
Here is a link to exactly what I ordered. See what Im saying?

Any ideas? or am I just stupid and missing something?

TIA
IFMU

Ok, kickin...
Ziggey, looks like you were pretty much right on the mark there.

Just got done talkin with Sterling (Works for Monarch Computers) and he was able to explain it. Basiclly its Samsung Chips sold by Corsair. Genericlly. Sounds like some pretty good ram. Ill post how well it works for me here.

Decent enough setup. Think this stuff should work pretty nice here.
IFMU

Corsair makes their own PCB boards and buys the samsung chips to populate the boards. Mushkin does the exact same thing. Getting a good oc'ing chip is only half our problem. Matching it with a good oc'ing PCB board is the other half.

BTW, Corsair and Mushkin are both using the Samsung 2700 DDR chips on their 2700, 3000 and 3200 DDR offerings.

Hope this helps,
Mike

From my experience with both the true Samsung 2700 (newegg) and the Corsair3200, the Samsung has a heavier PCB and looks to be better made. It also overclocked a little better than the Corsair3200.

Back