• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Generic Best Buy Ram - Not so generic.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pygo

Registered
Hey folks, just thought I'd drop a note to say I got some ram from BestBuy and it was Infineon. If you look at the chips through the plastic package you can see the brandnames on the chips themselves and I just happened to get lucky. :)

Cheap too :D

I would never buy any computer parts from Best Buy. Retail stores, esp. large electronic chains, charge a lot more than places like NewEgg.

Two sticks of Mushkin PC2100 w/o heatspreader from FRY's $49.99 each. With 3.0v on it had it up to 145 fsb 5:4 ratio normal setting (CAS 2.5) = 362, not bad for memory that costs $70 at NewEgg. I have to put some sinks on it though.

It would probably have gone further but the PSU on my CTX monitor chose that moment to quit - I have to take it to CTX today.

Thats a good deal, considering RAM is like $25 now. When did you buy it...?

Because going to Best Buys website, the lowest 128 stick they have is PNY, for $40. :eh?:

OMG!!! have we like lost our manners or somthing...guess it is my job once again.....you guys OWE me...lol....j/k

!!WELCOME TO THE FORMS!! and to the addiction ;)

Hope you stay with us for a long time!!! Enjoy your NEW life...lol :D

Spec

My apologies! I keep on thinking I am a new person here... ;)

Also, it is hard to tell, since this board doesn't show post counts... :eh?:

hehe, thank you Spec. :)

msmasitti- Actually it was about a week ago, 128 stick with some 10$ rebate deal out in Ks. I just thought it would be worth mentioning. :)

Back