• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone decipher this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WideMouth40

I know it says something very interesting, but what?

------------------------------------------
Still, it is a pity. One of the big advantages of RDRAM technology is that you can keep many pages open. When RDRAM first entered the market (the i820 chipset), the excessive heat production of the RDRAM modules probably prevented Intel's engineers to keep many pages open, as most RDRAM chips had to "nap" and only a few could stay active.

But the current RDRAM modules do not have these thermal problems, and the i850 chipset does not even have the thermal counting registers that the 820 chipset had. So from a technical point of view it is rather strange that the i845 chipset (which has thermal counting registers!) can keep 24 pages open while the i850, which could take better advantage of that feature, can only keep 8 pages open. Also, the in-order depth queue (IOQ) of the i845 is 50% bigger than the i850.
------------------------------------------
http://www.aceshardware.com/

Peace

Placid said:
It's saying the I845 is using the memory in a more effecient(effective) way than the I850.

Hehe, thought so...nice mastery of understatement btw.

Peace

Back