• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micron PC2100 beats Mushkin PC3000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

maxima88

I just replaced my pc2100 micron memory w/ a mushkin pc3000
(both 1x256mb sticks) and my system won't post when I boot at
150fsb.

My system ran rock stable at 150fsb w/ my micron pc2100 memory.

Any comments/ideas/suggestions?

Call mushkin and tell them about it. They might have some suggestions on best settings for it with your motherboard.

It's a toll free call.

I already had it at the most relaxed setting of safe/3/7T/4T.

I can run Ultra/2/6t/2t w/ the pc2100.

Something's not right here.

Thanks Placid. It does run though rock stable at 147fsb but I wanna be able to run at 150fsb like before.

I take my initial comment back about the micron pc2100 beating my new mushkin pc3000.

I am now able to boot at 150fsb and running rock stable.
It even solved my warm boot problem where windows would not load at 150fsb whenever I rebooted. I no longer have to wait about 5minutes to let my system's electrical load and heat to dissipate before booting.

Again, I take it back, the pc3000 mushkin IS BETTER than my pc2100 micron.

Did you notice much difference? If so, in waht ways (besides benchmarking)? Just wondering 'cause I have 512 of pc 2100, but I've debated weather or not to upgrade to the pc 2700 since my mb accepts either.

glad you got it fixed. mine is good for 166 right now at
super turbo timings :p i need a new mobo cuz i wanna
go higher!!

CompuDrew said:
Did you notice much difference? If so, in waht ways (besides benchmarking)? Just wondering 'cause I have 512 of pc 2100, but I've debated weather or not to upgrade to the pc 2700 since my mb accepts either.

Yes, a very big difference and all of it good.
My system used to locks up after a few hours when at 142 and 147fsb. Doesn't do that anymore.

I'll be adding back my 256mb pc2100 over the weekend and see how my system reacts to it having a pc2100 and pc3000 at the same time.

Nice!! I'm getting a stick of Mushkin PC3000 on Tuesday, gonna couple it with a new KT333 board (either an Epox or MSI).

I don't think it's a good idea to mix the Micron with the Mushkin because I think they use Infineon chips (at least they do with my Rev3+)..but try it and let us know how it works. :burn:

My hunch was correct an so were you guys.

Added the micron and get windows error when I boot at Cas2.
When I which to SPD, which on my system would be CAS2.5,
my systems alright. Some of my BM socres went down though.

Back