• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit VA6 problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mail Man

I have too put the computer on and off 30-40 times to get the motherboard to start anyone know whats the problem is?

Well I dont know what the problrm is but I am having almost the same problem. Have you found a solution yet ??

here is a short description of my problems

I have 2 va6 boards. I did lots of research and almost bought a P III Tutiliane but wisley saw the type a and passed up a really good price.

I ended up with a P III 850/100 on a converter card and a slot one P III 1000/100. The Problem is that I have switched all components between both boards: vid cards, processors, memory modem, nic all work on my main board.

On the other board regardless of the combination of components or lack of components vid card and 1 stick memory, no matter what I do it will not cold boot after the first start up. It will shut down restart (warm boot) but will boot not after shut down.

It starts, beeps gets part way through the bios screen then shuts down. Some times it will not even beep just the fans keep running. Some times it shuts of within a sec of power on.

I can get it to cold boot only after using clear cmos and load defaults or in some way changing the configuration. remove a card or unpluging processor.

This the 3 rd in a series of rma va6's from abit. With this one I can get to boot (clearing cmos) set processor speed and not change any other defaults Bios is va671. I was able to get a new processor rma on the 850 from Intell. My feeling is that this is 3 bad va6 boards in a row from abit rma. 3 in a row ??? Possible but VERY im probable.

I hope to hear from you

:cool:

Back