• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overvoltage alarm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Needitcooler

How do you bypass that damn overvoltage alarm????? All of a sudden when I booted up it started going off. I have rebooted a number of times and even flashed a new bios. Help!!! It is louder than my delta screamer!!!

I think, you have the cold boot problem! Flash to official 7C to bypass this or to Mr. Natural's 7D (1.85v).

Merkor

My system boots up fine, it's just that some alarm keeps going off. How do I turn it off???? I flashed the 7c and that didn't fix it. I even set the bios back to default, but it still keeps doing it. AHHHHHH it is so loud.

in the BIOS turn of the warning if the CPU fan is not working alarm, put it to disabled, its in the section with the temperatures.
Maybe your CPU fan is rotating slowly or you connected the cpu fan to the chassis header, so putting this to disabled may solve the problem.

Now I can't get into the bios. Whenever I try a blue line across the bottom of the screen is all that is displayed. Please help. I need this computer to finish my term paper, and with that incessant beaping I can't do anything.

Needitcooler said:
How do you bypass that damn overvoltage alarm????? All of a sudden when I booted up it started going off. I have rebooted a number of times and even flashed a new bios. Help!!! It is louder than my delta screamer!!!

The alarm sounds like the OVP. It will not prevent the system from a complete boot. Have you done the VMOD on your board and have the voltage set to 1.85v and higher by chance?

Use the clear CMOS jumpers to get back to the default BIOS settings. Sounds like you went too far with one of overclocking setting.

I unplugged all the fans from the motherboard and plugged them directly into my psu, and that rid me of the dreaded blue line. Very strange occurence indeed, since I didn't change anything. Thanks for all the suggestions and the help. I love this place. I was ready to rma the board, when all it took was unplugging the stupid fans.

Back