• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 Motherboard with AGP/PCI Frequence Lock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ABITs BD7, SD7 TH7II, TH7III (when it comes out)

EPOXs 4BDA+, what was said above apparently.

Looks like EPOX boards are good. I've read that Epox 4G4A+ performs very well and has a lot of neat features such as PCI/AGP lock. However, what bothers me is the on board video. I know I can disable it in the BIOS or through an onboard jumper, somehow feel not confortable to have sth onboard that I will never use.

As far as I can understand, i845D and i845E/G, all supports async memory speed, that's why mobo manufacturers can put out this feature with ease. Wondering, why don't they add DDR333 support.

The first reports I am seeing on the Gigabyte 8IEXP sounds sweet: Cut and pasted from the Hardforum board post by PrometheusN:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Received the first shipments of the 8IEXP today, and I must say Gigabyte did a great job on this one. 6USB 2.0, 3 Firewire, Promise ATA133 RAID WITH Bios settings that allow it to function as additional ATA133 ports for any IDE device OR RAID ( a first for a Promise onboard controller that I'm aware of), Creative CT5880 on-board with included SPDIF/Optical bracket, and Intel 10/100 LAN.

In addition, EasyTune 4 WORKS COMPLETELY!!! INCLUDING Linear, Asynch, or Divider adjustment of Memory, FSB, AGP, and PCI AND voltages for Vcore, Vdimm, and AGP all adjustable in Windows!!

You can see my screen capture below on my system running a 2A at 133FSB at 1.65V with 1 Gigabyte of Samsung PC2700 memory. You can also see the tab with details of voltages, temps, and fan speeds is also working.
You can also FIX AGP/PCI in 1Mhz intervals from 33/66 to 50/100 OR let it float with FSB. This is the most controllable 845E I have seen - it even beats the Abit IT7 I have been testing as far as control is concerned.
----------------------------------------------
http://www.hardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=413813

Now thats how you should be able to fix the AGP/PCI...I wonder what Gigabytes new 845G, 645DX, and 850E baords will be like! woot woot woot

Last edited:
visionguru said:
Looks like EPOX boards are good. I've read that Epox 4G4A+ performs very well and has a lot of neat features such as PCI/AGP lock. However, what bothers me is the on board video. I know I can disable it in the BIOS or through an onboard jumper, somehow feel not confortable to have sth onboard that I will never use.

You don't have to "disable it in the BIOS or through an onboard jumper". It's automatically disabled simply by plugging in an AGP card. When disabled it doesn't affect anything. Plus, since it's built into the i845G chipset, there's no extra components on the motherboard. The extra cost is only about $6 and for that you get backup video in case your AGP card dies.

the Epox 4g4a has the pci and agp lock! it's a really good motherboard.... others i can think of are the asus p4s533 (well generally anything with an sis 645 or 645dx chipset)... umm many others but can't think of them now...

wow i saw that gigabyte board on newegg's site wow is all i gotta say its a nice looking board, might get that one for my friends computer cause his dads wants the best he can get.

*cries* not it's not thanks hawkeye for getting me all happy but then getting my hopes up;) seriously though does anyone know wehre i can get that board?

Darryl_D said:
*cries* not it's not thanks hawkeye for getting me all happy but then getting my hopes up;) seriously though does anyone know wehre i can get that board?

I've been wanting to see the gigabyte ga-8ihxp too, but apparently its being delayed until July :(

Peace

That Gigabyte 8IEXP seems like a really nice board, but my only concern is it only lists DDR266 support. Seems kind of a waste to release such an awesome new board and not support PC2700-PC3200 DDR RAM. Or can you still run PC2700+ in it without limitation from the board? I haven't paid any attention to hardware since I bought my last setup 18 months ago so I'm a little behind on things sorry.

Last edited:
Back