• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
Ok, I want to get rid of my P4T-E as it was the worst mistake I have ever made, should have got the Abit TH7II like I originally wanted. Am contemplating getting the TH7II but need some advice?

Need a mobo that supports Rambus
Looking at the New Asus P4533-C because of the 533MHz and support for PC1066 and 1200, but don’t know if I want to go with Asus again.
I may want to upgrade to a P4B though are there anymore mobos on the market that support the 533 MHz and PC1066 and 1200?

I even thought about dumping the Rambus all together but I really like the capabilities of it. Any thoughts?

Iwill makes one makes one.
Good or not I have no idea.
Seems like so far the 850e boards have a max fsb setting of 150mhz or so. Might be a problem depending on the cpu you want to use if overclocking.

You can find a review of it here:
http://www.vr-zone.com/reviews/IWill/P4R533/

Gigabyte makes one the GA-8IHXP.

I can't find any reviews for it yet.

Last edited:
The board itself looks pretty good. But what about running it with my 1.8A chip right now? Does anyone know how low the CPU FSB goes in th BIOS?

Also how is the qulity of Iwill mobos. What would yall suggest, the Iwill, the Asus P4533-C or the TH7II? I really think that if I am going to buy a new one I should go with the 533mhz for upgrading purposes.

Last edited:
P4R533-N Specifications
Processor
Supports single 478-pin Intel Pentium 4 processor from 1.5 GHz to 2.2 GHz and higher
Supports 400 MHz and 533 MHz system bus.

http://www.iwillusa.com/products/spec.asp?ModelName=P4R533-N&SupportID=

All I can tell you is from my experience with iwill is they have pretty good support if your board breaks they will replace it without a hassle and pretty fast, kind of slow with bios updates thou.

I think I might go with it. Its cheaper than the Asus, and after this one I dont think I will go back with them

Back