• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can i mix Pc800 and Pc1066 ram on a TH7II-raid??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I read a thread somewhere in the multitude that to use 1066 you should have the 800 installed and put the 1066 in and boot until it accepts it. something like tricking the board. I think it was a thread by Mr. N but don't quote me on it.
Also you might need to replace the mem clock gen's ??
some go to 1066 and some don't

post what you find out
good luck

Logger

I'm not sure if you can mix and match PC800 with PC1066, but why in the world would you want too anyway? In the past when memory speeds were different, the system would only run as fast as the slowest RAM module, so even if it did work, the 1066 would only run at PC800 anyway. Don't forget that RDRAM must be used in matched pairs too.

then can Pc1066 Rdram be use on TH7II????
how to make it accept the ram ???

Of course it can, look above to what I said in my reply.
Mr natural said it not me.. I'm guessing that you take out the 800 after it recognizes the 1066.
quite a few people are running 1066 already.

Mr natural said to reboot until it finds it.. Maybe you have to change banks??

Logger

Logger said:
Of course it can, look above to what I said in my reply.
Mr natural said it not me.. I'm guessing that you take out the 800 after it recognizes the 1066.
quite a few people are running 1066 already.

Mr natural said to reboot until it finds it.. Maybe you have to change banks??

Logger

are you sure that it actually recognised as 1066 and not overclocked to 1066 (which is what it should be)?

I dunno any more than what I've read.

The thread you are looking for is in this forum --abit MB.
Do a search please..

You will need to trick the mobo at first when you get the 1066 32 CN9 RDRAM. What you will need to do is to install a set of PC800 RDRAM into the first set of channles and then place the 1066 32 into the second set of channles for the rdram, It will take a few boots before the 106632 is detected properly but once it has been then you should have no problems running it.

If you can't find it

Back