• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.8 v and worse than before...whats this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tropicalius

Registered
Hi everyone, i am new to this site and relatively new to oc'ing but i have had some success overclocking my rig . Here is my story,I have a NW P4 2.0a sl5zt, malay, l203a609-0743, an asus p4te with 1005 bios revision,4 sticks of pny (samsung) pc800 rdram serial number rdo 128c0 8004508-300
128/8 non/ecc
a pny ti 4600, wd ata 100 40 gb drive,sblive 5.1...ok the problem is..when i was at stock voltage ..say 1.5 to 1.65 the highest fsb i could get at x4 was115 118...rarely 120....but got good scores on 3dmark...high 11k 2 over 12k, then i was reading stuff and decided to try the conductive paint mod on the socket, did it everything is fine...vcore is at 1.85 volts, but still cant hold 120 fsb stable....when i run 3d mark the drogon scene locks me out midway through it...sometimes it reboots itself...i see quite a few of you are getting pretty high fsb on your rigs..any tips for someone who is really trying hard to get this thing screamming....thanks guys i appreciate it.....

What's the DRCG chip on your P4T-E? Mine has ICS xxxx-13, which is rated 150MHz+ that can handle PC1200. This chip is the same as on my P4T533-C.

I heard that some of the P4T-E boards come with CPY, or ICS xxx--09 DRCG's, which are only rated for PC800. You have 2 DRCG chips near the memory slots. If you have slower DRCG, you may need to use 3x RDRAM model instead of 4x. You memory should be ok at 4X, but your motherboard maybe not.

Scale down to 3x and let us know the results.

will do...and i will loook at the ram slots...real life is coming into play right now...be back later...thanks again

ok found them...i have the cypress generators...so...thats it ? I am doomed to stay around 120 fsb ???

To me this sounds more like a PSU problem, had the same problem when going over 1.8V vcore, system just wasn't stable anymore. Added an extra PSU and everything was fine

well just check if your voltages (especially +12 and +5) are off by more then 10% (with asus probe or just check in BIOS), if so, try hooking on an extra PSU and see if it gets any better

btw i was using just a single 300W before, it really couldnt handle the high voltage in combination with the extra MHz, i got the same results as you described earlier (especially the reboots)

ok..how the hell do you squeeze another psu in the case ????i'll try it ..i got a 250 watt just sitting right here at my feet..but how do you hook them ?? like parallel or series or what i am not knowing...

well i have a bigtower case so i just got rid of the lower hdd bracket (since i dont need seven 3'5" bays lol) and put my second PSU there

well this is the way i connected them:
-1 PSU straight to 220V, the other PSU connected to the first one with the kind of cable you would usually use for you screen
-Connected PS-On cables from both PSU's together (this usually is the green wire, it'll probably say somewhere on your PSU)
-Connected Ground wires (any black one) from both PSU's
this way they both will go on at the same time by just pressing power button on your case

btw i used 1 PSU for the extra p4 connector on the mobo and for my drives. The other PSU is supplying the mobo (atx connector) and some extra case fans

Back