• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1066 Rdram & Asus P4T-E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harryw2

Registered
I have a P4 2.2 with PC 800 mem that will not run stable past a fsb of 112. Can anyone tell me if I can use PC1066 RDRAM with this board and be able to overclock past fsb112.

There should be two chips, one each at each memory banks. There should be sth like:

ICS xxxxx-09 0r ICS xxxx-13 there. -13 can handle PC1066, while -09 cannot.

Also, you problem may not related to memory speed, since you are well below PC1066. You might need to raise the vCore a bit in order to O/C above 2.4Ghz. Both of my P4 CPU's need 1.65v to reach 2.4Ghz.

On a P4T-E, the core voltage is actually lower than BIOS. So, for 1.65v, you may need to set 1.7v in BIOS.

By raising vcore to max on P4T-E (1.65) and mem set to 4x I can get win xp to boot at 120 fsb. But will lock up on some programs. Will it help to lower mem to 3x or anything else that will help.

I am currently running a PT4-E with a 1.8a @2.250 125 FSB that is as high as I can get it, I'm only at 1,575 volt in my BIOS and it seams to make no difference if I raise it.

My ram is ECC 800 at 3x turbo enabled

Also the vcore on the PT4-E only goes up to 1.65 in the BIOS.

Since this is a new system i am happy with it, but i dunno if it's the PT4-E that's hold it back or my ram, makes me think twice if the PT4-E was the best MB to go with.

Back