• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Burn-in program question for brand new Samsung 2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

So what I need is a benchmark program to loop the memory, right?
Like SiSoft burn-in, Simmtester, Passmark, etc...
Seti or folding just stress the cpu, right?

burn in

I looped sandra's memory test 500 times slowly raising FSB and other settings... seems to be working, but it takes quite awhile.

Does it matter what version of SiSoft? I'm using the 2001te not the spyware one.

Also, what is your opinion of the simmtester program for a burnin?It takes about 15 mins to complete a test.

progs

I use the newer Sandra. Anything that stresses the memory should work, so long as you're burning for a fwe hours at a time.

Thanks Arkaine23, I'm also burning in my new PC3000 Mushkin.
I was only running sandra for about 20 minutes at a time though. I let it run a couple of hours from now on.

Re: progs

Arkaine23 said:
I use the newer Sandra. Anything that stresses the memory should work, so long as you're burning for a fwe hours at a time.

"Hours at a time"? By this, are you referring to bumping up the voltage one click at a time?
How high is recommended? I think this board will do 3.20, I could be wrong.

burn in

I tried stepping up FSB a few notches each time, and cycling in better ram timings, and voltage.... have made dozens of runs, none at the same settings. It's very time consuming.

But I've concluded my problem is with the raid controllers, not the ream.

I burn the ram up to 2.7volts, but that's my board's max. Up to 2.8 is probably ok without extra cooling.

Back