• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

isapnp.sys error under XP? causes/solutions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FraG [AU]

Hiyas,

I have a 1.6A @ 2.5 @ 1.85 (true/1.9 bios), wire tricked the cpu, on Th7-II with MrNaturals latest bios as avail from the sticky in these forums.

Anyway I have been running 2.5 for awhile now with no probs other then every so often I get the

"...isapnp.sys file is missing or corrupt..." (close to that anyways) error message on boot.

Basically I reset and the computer will boot straight in to XP and run flawlessly.. I've prime tested for 16+ odd hrs, looped siSoft burn in for 200 iterations, and never had any probs. My load temps just hover below 60.

I thought it was a cold boot problem so i wire tricked the cpu to 1.85 but it still happens...

Any ideas what is exactly casuing this? better yet a way around it without having to lower the speed? Btw it happens 1/4 of the time on cold boot..

Thanks in advance

EDIT: poor english :)(

Last edited:
I have EXACTLY the same problem. It started after some overclocking experiments. I think it's either just the cold boot problem (although I previously had that in the form of a blue screen). Or it may be that the file(s) are really corrupted because of an excessive PCI speed (presuming that you ever used any other setting than Fix in the BIOS). Then again, the problem disappears when I run everything in spec (100 Mhz FSB and 2/3 AGP divider or 133 MHz FSB and 1/2 divider), so I think it's the cold boot. Anyway, I'm not too worried because, as you wrote, everything runs fine...

Hrmm, as silly as it sounds I think I might have solved my problem... might be a combination or any one of the following changes i made..

I was using the "fix" option in the bios, now I have set back to the divider 2/3

set the differential current to 4x

lowered the voltage from 1.9 to 1.85...

Had 4 cold boots without the prob showing up :beer: . I will experiment and find out which setting cured this prob. or if its just being nice and will rear its ugly head again later.

If you have any suggestions tho still post pls! I might be wrong :D

I thought the cold boot issue is just when the post code 26 appears on cold boot and the the computer won't post then. So you have to hit reset.

The problems you described are IMO due to overclocking in general.

How about using the fixed setting?? Does anyone encounter corrupted files or partitions when set the devider to fixed??

What ist better? Using deviders or fixed setting??

Merkor

Merkor, I thought it was cold boot related since it happened only on first boot after PC has been turned off for awhile. However I was using the "fix" option thinking that having the AGP/PCI at native frequency will allow me to push my pc further..

The other day reading a few threads on the TH7-II i noticed someone getting better results with divider, so i set it to use divider and whoila, the problem is gone..

Now I can only guess why the divider is working better then the fix option, I'd need to do some research on why this might be so..

At 2.5ghz (2496) FSB is 156, PCI 39 agp at 78.. I thought this was a tad high for my PCI cards 3com NIC and SB Live, but they seem to be coping okay..

Anyway its all trial and error since no 2 systems are exactly the same..

Back