• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Fast!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ElroyCarbon

I'm ordering new RAM tonight. The dead stick I have is as follows: Samsung MR16R082GBN1-CK8, Korea 0152H 256MB/16. Is there anything special about this? I have had awesome luck with this stuff and want to mate my old stick with something of symilar caliber. What do I need to look for if anything? I attached this link. I found this on pricewatch for $62.00 a stick before shipping. Looks good to me what do you folks think? Is Samsung the same across the board?

http://www.bassotech.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.pl?usr=2158508&rnd=1861877&pg=store&sub_pg=prod&ref=48

No evals on this company

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2140.html

If it were me I would order from a Vendor with a known, good reputation like Newegg or similiar, but thats just my opinion

Ps Im moving this to the Memory section in a few hours as thats where this belongs as this has absolutly nothing to do with cooling, and probably why nobody has responded to you. ;)

(I'll leave this here for a few hours as I said as you are new, Welcome to the Forums, just try to place the thrread in the appropriate catagory next time)

kewl! the only reason I threw this up here is as you probably am aware I have been discussing this pain in the butt RAM mod with the cooling folks since it dealt with the heatsink mod. I got caught up with the cooling discussion which has now led to the purchase of a new stick. MY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 256mb 800 samsung comes in 8 or 16 device.

The stuff you have now is 16 device also sometimes shown as 128x16 for your memory.

what does the 128 stand for? I'm just looking to reorder a new stick. Is 16 now standard?

The size of the memory.
There is still plenty of 8 device memory sticks around so unless you order from a place that shows the memory spec's or call to check you might get a 8 device stick.

Thats what I needed to hear thanks for the input. I was hunting for info and for the most part not many people seem to spec em out. Thanx for the info.

Googlegear does, most places that sell both the 8 and 16 device samsung want a little more for the 16 device.

Back