• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 8IEXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WideMouth40

I gotta spread this around because it's looking so sweet. Cut n pasted from the Hardforum board post by PrometheusN:

------------------------------------------------------
Gigabyte 8IEXP - POSITIVE First Impressions
Received the first shipments of the 8IEXP today, and I must say Gigabyte did a great job on this one. 6USB 2.0, 3 Firewire, Promise ATA133 RAID WITH Bios settings that allow it to function as additional ATA133 ports for any IDE device OR RAID ( a first for a Promise onboard controller that I'm aware of), Creative CT5880 on-board with included SPDIF/Optical bracket, and Intel 10/100 LAN.

In addition, EasyTune 4 WORKS COMPLETELY!!! INCLUDING Linear, Asynch, or Divider adjustment of Memory, FSB, AGP, and PCI AND voltages for Vcore, Vdimm, and AGP all adjustable in Windows!!

You can see my screen capture below on my system running a 2A at 133FSB at 1.65V with 1 Gigabyte of Samsung PC2700 memory. You can also see the tab with details of voltages, temps, and fan speeds is also working.
You can also FIX AGP/PCI in 1Mhz intervals from 33/66 to 50/100 OR let it float with FSB. This is the most controllable 845E I have seen - it even beats the Abit IT7 I have been testing as far as control is concerned.

Sweeet!!! Being able to fix the AGP/PCI in 1 Mhz intervals from 33/66 to 50/100 rawks! I'm dying to see if the new Gigabyte 845G, 850E, and 645DX boards are gonna be as adjustable as this one...and they are blue :)

woot woot woot

Last edited:
I don't see what people are so excited about. It's just an 845E board. It only has multiplier support for 1:1 and 3:4 (plus the useless 3:6). That really limits your CPU choices.

The P4S533 (SiS645DX) supports 1:1, 3:4, 3:5, 4:5, 3:6, and 4:6.

At least an 845G will add 4:5.

KC

hmm if you ask me kc is more of an 645dx fan.. but you know i'm just going out on a limb and guessing here :p

KC Coldbrook said:
I don't see what people are so excited about. It's just an 845E board. It only has multiplier support for 1:1 and 3:4 (plus the useless 3:6). That really limits your CPU choices.

The P4S533 (SiS645DX) supports 1:1, 3:4, 3:5, 4:5, 3:6, and 4:6.

At least an 845G will add 4:5.

KC

The P4S533 is a good board...a pity it doesn't have a PCI/AGP lock, nor can it OC the FSB past 166, its also lacking decent PCI/AGP dividers for its own highest FSB settings, and a few other niggling points, still, a good board from what I've heard, though I don't see why people are so excited about it.

Peace

Back