• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SVCompucycle sent generic samsung

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vesuvius

Two weeks ago I ordered a 512 meg PC2700 Samsung module from http://www.svcompucycle.com. I recieve some third party junk instead of original samsung. Now they aren't gonna take it back from me. Did anyone else get this junk from them?

-ves

Why won't they take it back has it been longer than 30 day's?

Return Policy:
We stand by the high quality of our products. All items have a one-year warranty. Defective products will be replaced and we will pay for shipping both ways, via first class air mail. If the item is no longer available, we will replace it with a comparable item of equal or greater value. Non-defective and unopened items can be returned within 30 days and may be subject to a 20% restocking fee. Customer must obtain an RMA number via consumer affairs representative email. Items recieved without an RMA number on outside box are not our responsibility.

I've sent emails back and forth between them. They told me they stopped selling the Original Samsung for the 3rd party stuff and said that I should have known that by looking at their product description. But I don't see 3rd party anywhere on there page. I'm not going to take a 20% restocking fee for that crap.

-ves

Your initial post is very misleading as it can be interpeted as 'they wont give me a refund'.

But your last post implies they will take it back, but with a restocking charge.

I can tell you SVC is a great vendor offering some of the lowest prices on the Net or anywhere and they have an excellent reputation for customer support.

I would call SVC and politly tell them that thier part number implies this is in fact Samsung memory K4H560838C-TCB3

-Per SVC
Specifications
Manufacturer Part Number:K4H560838C-TCB3
Samsung 512MB DDR Memory
PC2700 (333MHz)
64x64/32x8

http://www.svcompucycle.com/51pc64ddr33s.html

Something doesn't add up here as I did a search on K4H560838C-TCB3 and all links lead me to a Samsung stick

Samsung

OCsystem did the same to me... And I read about why they should be boycotted too late to cancel my order. The pic on their site clearly shows a mem stick with 8 chips on the side facing the camera, but the stick I got has 4 chips on each side of the PCB. The chips are genuine, the PCB and performance are not.

I spoke with a rep. on the phone, and they are willing to replace it for me, since I complained (as politely as I could) that I was mislead into thinking I had ordered genuine Samsung memory, made by Samsung, not Powmem.

Now that OCZ has kindly replaced a dead stick for me(so I have a something in the meantime), I will send the Samsung back to OCsystem and request either the real stuff or a stick of Kingmax.

If you handle it correctly , all it should take is holding your temper, making a long distance phone call, paying shipping one way... and waiting a week or two! That's still a lot of BS considering they were the ones who were unclear in the presentation of their product, but at least you should be able get something else for less than the 20% they want to charge you.

From now on, I'll just order memory from newegg and newegg only. I've had enough of trying to save money by ordering memory elsewhere, because it seems like you get what you pay for and memory is not something to skimp on.

I've read too many posts about the generic samsung memory. being sold as "samsung" memory.

Even though I've read that newegg is only one of the few vendors selling the real samsung memory, I opted for the PC3000 Mushkin memory just to be sure I'm getting the best samsung chips.

All I can say about the mushkin pc3000 is that it's AWESOME!

I'll try calling them up and being polite. They may take the memory back, but I am not going to let them get me with a 20% fee. I thought I was getting Samsung chips on a Samsung PCB, but I got a generic PCB. It just doesn't perform the same. If all else fails I'm sure I can charge back.

The K4H560838C-TCB3 part number is not as important and the actual module part number(M368L3223CTL-CB3) that Newegg displays. I am also going to only get my memory from newegg now.

-ves

Back